Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shortcuts/archived Mails only in Outlook Search Folder

kai_a
Level 3

Hi all

we had EV 10.0.4  on WIN 2012

with Outlook 2010 and Exchange 2013

i had imported a EV PST to a user Archive. Import run successfull without errors

After Import  the user dont see any Archived mails in there normal folders

Only in a special Search folder called "alle" he can see all Archived mails inclusive their shortcuts.

If i search in the archive i can see the archived mails and their original folder.  This looks good.

My first idea was a filter in Outlook that prevents EV Mails to show.

i have looked in VIEW   (Ansicht)

view settings. But filter is off.

is there any other Place where i can filter? or do anyone have a idea what the problem is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kai_a
Level 3

we found the Problem... 

during the Exchange migration to a new Exchange Server the "Inbox" will be defined as the primary Mailboxfolder.

all the Archived mails are in "Posteingang"  this is  the german Version of the Inbox...

and the user never looked in there...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do they show with the correct icon when you see them in the search folder?

Working for cloudficient.com

kai_a
Level 3

i have no direct connect to the Users Desktop, but User say YES

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

It sounds to me that the PST migrator wizard was configured in the "Separate" or "Merged" section to use "Separate" thus creating a new folder in the archive where all the emails and their associated folder structure were imported into.

kai_a
Level 3

I checked the logfile  Migrator is set to Merged.

And a Outlook Search folder isnt a normal Folder...it only ponts to the original Folder.   i cant understand why i see it there and not in the original Location

kai_a
Level 3

we found the Problem... 

during the Exchange migration to a new Exchange Server the "Inbox" will be defined as the primary Mailboxfolder.

all the Archived mails are in "Posteingang"  this is  the german Version of the Inbox...

and the user never looked in there...