cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to enable user/disable user for Enterprise vault

madey
Level 4

Hi All,

i have one issue whereby, one user can't retrive his archived item, when he try to retrieve his items,there is an error:

"Cannot contact the web server.please try again later.Unknown error 0x13580072EE6

From the server side,i have tried to reenable user by ( disable and the enable ), also cannt with below error :

An error occured enabling the mailbox '<user name>'

Error: the parameter is incorrect

and from server event viewer:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: Agent Client Broker
Event ID: 8390
Date:  10/26/2010
Time:  11:05:00 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: <my server >
Description:
The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryConnection object reported an error.

One or more arguments are invalid

Event ID: 3196
Computer: <my server>

Description:
An error has occured whilst synchronizing the properties of mailbox /o=SCN/ou=XXXX/cn=Recipients/cn=WN_2857 on Exchange server MUCSE403.

Error: The parameter is incorrect.  [0x80070057]

Internal: .\AgentExchSynch.cpp (CAgentExchSynch::SynchronizeMailboxEntryEx2) [lines {...,864,879,897,908,930,931,941,945,995,996,1000,1009}] built Oct 11 18:29:36 2007

Event ID: 3188
Computer: < my server> 

Description:
An error occurred performing a request to synchronize the mailbox /o=SCN/ou=XXXX/cn=Recipients/cn=,<user's mailbox>.

Event ID: 3139
Computer: <My Server>
Description:
An non-specific error has occurred whilst enabling archiving for the mailbox /o=SCN/ou=XXXX/cn=Recipients/cn=<user's mailbox>.

i'm stuck here,please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You could use the steps outlined here to remove that users entry from the ExchangeMailboxEntry table in the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database, that might clear up the issues you are seeing.

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH53096

a. Microsoft SQL Server 2000:

i. Open SQL Server Enterprise Manager, browse the SQL Server hosting the "EnterpriseVaultDirectory" database, browse "Databases", browse this database and click "Tables"

ii. On the right hand pane, right click over "ExchangeMailboxEntry", select "Open Table" and "Return all rows"

iii. Select the rows/records to be deleted, press the "Delete" key or right click over any part of the selected area and select "Delete"

iv. Click "Yes"

v. Close SQL Server Enterprise Manager.

b. Microsoft SQL Server 2005:

i. Open SQL Server Management Studio, connect to the SQL Server hosting the "EnterpriseVaultDirectory" database, browse "Databases", browse this database and click "Tables"

ii. On the right hand pane, right click over "ExchangeMailboxEntry", select "Open Table"

iii. Select the rows/records to be deleted, press the "Delete" key or right click over any part of the selected area and select "Delete"

iv. Click "Yes"

v. Close SQL Server Management Studio.

4. After all the steps, you must run the provisioning task in order to re-create the whole ExchangeMailboxEntry table with the updated information

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Can you try to dtrace that?

What version of EV are you running?

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

madey
Level 4

we are running EV 2007 SP1 on Windows 2003 standard edition SP2 machine,

For the dtrace, can you guide me how to do it ?

madey
Level 4

Hi there,

any idea for my issue,i'm stucked here... :(

TonySterling

You could use the steps outlined here to remove that users entry from the ExchangeMailboxEntry table in the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database, that might clear up the issues you are seeing.

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH53096

a. Microsoft SQL Server 2000:

i. Open SQL Server Enterprise Manager, browse the SQL Server hosting the "EnterpriseVaultDirectory" database, browse "Databases", browse this database and click "Tables"

ii. On the right hand pane, right click over "ExchangeMailboxEntry", select "Open Table" and "Return all rows"

iv. Click "Yes"

v. Close SQL Server Enterprise Manager.

b. Microsoft SQL Server 2005:

i. Open SQL Server Management Studio, connect to the SQL Server hosting the "EnterpriseVaultDirectory" database, browse "Databases", browse this database and click "Tables"

ii. On the right hand pane, right click over "ExchangeMailboxEntry", select "Open Table"

iv. Click "Yes"

v. Close SQL Server Management Studio.

4. After all the steps, you must run the provisioning task in order to re-create the whole ExchangeMailboxEntry table with the updated information

madey
Level 4

Hi Tony...thanks for the feedback,

Just curious whether when i delete the entry,would it be affected our user's archived items ??? i'm worry because when i try to export ( using export wizard )  the affected user's archived items also error as below :

"export archive failed, check that the computer "unknown server" is available, error: "the parameter is incorrect" .

any idea ?

TonySterling

No, removing the entry from ExchangeMailboxEntry wil not affect exports.

madey
Level 4

Hi Tony,

i have tried remove the entry and sync again,seems like no problem about the sync, but when i try to export the affected user's items,there is an error

"export archive failed, check that the computer "unknown server" is available, error: "the parameter is incorrect"" .

Any idea ??