cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when evpm used, the policy on admin console doesn't work any more ?

WillyLee
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi.  My one of customers called me about EV6.

He didn't know about EV .

When I quick looked at that,

First, The task in remote mode from admin console doesn't generate any file in reports folder.
         I ran the task in normal mode as well, and monitored 30 min, didn't create any archives

Second,  There are multiple vault store created for different user's group.  ( So I suspect they used evpm)
               The customer doesn't know about evpm . He didn't know If it was used or not

BTW, How tocheck if the evpm was used, and where the ini file  is?

Third, I have changed the EV  mailbox default policy from 8 months age to 3 months age  from admin console,
          and ran the task .

I am wondering if the policy can affect if evpm has setup. again, then, How can I verify current evpm setup(the location of ini file ?? ) , and modify the policy  for all mailbox from 8 months to 3 months old.

Thanks a lot.

3 REPLIES 3

Brian_Day
Level 6
Going by simply your thread title, if I remember correct from my EV 6.0 training class this is correct. When EVPM is used you basically lose the ability to see what policy is affecting users and any policy within the admin console can't be applied to them from the console.

Jeffrey_Lynch
Level 4
Partner
Tru dat, tru dat... if the concern is EVPM, why not zap the mailbox(s)? by whackin those hidden messages you are essentially resetting the policies applied to said mailboxes....
Obviously whack, err, zap one mailbox and see if that does the trick :)

andra_christie
Level 6
Employee Accredited