cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netbackup appliance multihomed, limit ssh listening interface

jins
Level 2

hi guys

my network design consists of a mgmt network and a backup interface..

how do i configure the ssh on the appliance, so that it listens on the mgmt network only ?

as we want to prevent people from ssh to the appliance via the backup interface ..

7 REPLIES 7

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

/etc/ssh/sshd_config

and define ListenAddress?

I doubt it's configurable from CLISH or Web GUI

but when i perform and upgrade of the appliance code base.. will the settings still be there ?

is there an offical way from the clish/webgui ?

Mouse

Nothing in the CLISH or Admin Guide, so I assume this change in setting has to go to a tracking file to make sure it's being reapplied after each upgrade, and yes, if you feel it's important why not to file a feature request?

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Anyone know where we can submit feature requests?

Don't forget that Appliances also can, to some extent, be managed via the Web. And limiting access to that may be an even deaper level of configuration/customization.

actually i fully mange the appliance using clish extensively..the web seems "bulky" and not fluid..

oh the other topic, how to submit the feature request ?

would prefer if they(veritas) have a security hardening guide for the appliance for those that needed the

additonal hardening based on their organizations requirement eg FSI

Marianne

Feature requests must be channeled to Product Management via the local Veritas SE.

See:
https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Need-a-script-option-for-log-backups-to-skip-databases-using-th...