cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBUITA - Connecting with Oracle SQL Developer

DPeaco
   VIP   

Is there a way I can connect to NBUITA with Oracle SQL Developer so I can get a GUI view of the database structures in nbuita so it could be easier to build custom reports easier without all the guessing of what database and what field in the database to use?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Dennis
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Deeps
Level 6

@DPeaco Launch the SQL Developer > Click on the Green Plus sign on the left top corner to add a new connection.

On the New / Select Database Connection screen, fill in the following details.

Name : Give a name to the connection
Username: portal
Password: portal
Hostname : Give the hostname OR IP address of the DB host, typically the portal host
Service name: scdb

Click Test to test the connection.

If successful, click on connect 

Deeps_1-1707404612622.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_Geller
Level 4
Employee

@DPeaco  are you familiar with the "Portal Database Views Reference" guide?

https://sort.veritas.com/doc_viewer/#/content?id=140578616-161514024-0%2FpgfId-340845-161514024

Robert_Geller_1-1707364394592.png

There is a way to connect via sqldeveloper / oracle client - its recommended to use the aptare_ro user which has access to the database views, which is what the SQL Template designer has access to in the ITA user interface.  

DPeaco
   VIP   

@Robert_Geller 

Thanks, I will go check that out. Was asking about Oracle SQL Developer to build and test queries while learning this stuff. Like you, I  wear many different "hats" and my focus time is limited for tinkering with NBU ITA. Is there a How-To doc for connecting SQL Developer to NBUITA?

Thanks,
Dennis

Deeps
Level 6

@DPeaco Launch the SQL Developer > Click on the Green Plus sign on the left top corner to add a new connection.

On the New / Select Database Connection screen, fill in the following details.

Name : Give a name to the connection
Username: portal
Password: portal
Hostname : Give the hostname OR IP address of the DB host, typically the portal host
Service name: scdb

Click Test to test the connection.

If successful, click on connect 

Deeps_1-1707404612622.png