Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving a Report Schedule - Cron

DPeaco
   VIP   

Greetings,

NBUITA - 11.4.0

Trying to save a report schedule but it's not allowing me to click "ok". I can click on it but nothing every happens. Anybody know why I can't save a specific report schedule?

Thanks,
Dennis
13 REPLIES 13

DPeaco
   VIP   

Ok, I found out why it's pitching a fit......

It doesn't like the cron entry 0 3 28 4 *

Even though the documentation says that this is correct. I'm NOT NEW to crontab entries but I am still a growing infant in the world of NBU IT Analytics.

So what is wrong with a cron format for a report schedule that is to be ran at 03:00 hours on 28 Apr????

Thanks,
Dennis

Deeps
Level 6

@DPeaco ITA uses Quartz scheduler instead of cron, though the documentation mentions otherwise.

There is a KB article about this change

NetBackup IT Analytics - Change from native CRON to ITA CRON format in scheduled reports

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100063118.html

Cron Trigger Tutorial (quartz-scheduler.org)

DPeaco
   VIP   

@Deeps 

I wasn't aware of that. I have reviewed the links you provided. I am still not able to save the schedule.

What is wrong with this? 0 0 3 28 4 * ?

Isn't this: zero seconds, zero minutes, 3AM, 28th day, 4th month, * any day of the week, ? don't care what year

Thanks,
Dennis

jnardello
   VIP    Certified

Since field 7 is supposed to be optional, try 6 fields and see if you have any better luck. =)

Example (sorry for the low-res pic) :

2024-04-26 12.52.25.jpg

DPeaco
   VIP   

@jnardello 

Nope. That didn't work either.

This is what I put in the Cron Expression: field ----- 0 0 3 28 4 *

The report MUST run at 03:00 hours on the morning of 28 April 2024

Thanks,
Dennis

DPeaco
   VIP   

I deleted the schedule and recreated it.....this is what I get:

DPeaco_0-1714162224047.png

Thanks,
Dennis

DPeaco
   VIP   

And.....if I try to modify a report schedule on the fly? It disallows me to save with changes. Well, I click on OK after making the changes to email addresses and it does nothing. All I can do is cancel.

Thanks,
Dennis

jnardello
   VIP    Certified

Sorry Dennis, got me then - seems like a bug of some kind, unless 11.4 made changes of some kind to cron. You could try getting a case opened but I'm not sure they'll have time to do more than assign it out before the report is supposed to run.

Sure would be nice if we could just use the OS cron (or at) implementation to trigger reports....Quartz seems like a solution in search of a problem frankly.

Deeps
Level 6

@DPeaco let me know what schedule you want to configure, I will try and share the syntax.

DPeaco
   VIP   

@Deeps - Copied from one of my previous posts:

This is what I put in the Cron Expression: field ----- 0 0 3 28 4 *

The report MUST run at 03:00 hours on the morning of 28 April 2024

Thanks,
Dennis

@DPeaco 

Here is the cron scheduler I set to execute the job at 6:47 PM on May 2nd, 2024 and it worked.

Deeps_1-1714661147683.png

0 47 18 2 5 ? 2024 ?

0 second, 47th minute , 6 PM , 2nd Day , 5th Month , ? (irrespective of the day of week) , * 

You may modify it as per your schedule. For " run at 03:00 hours on the morning of 28 April 2024"

It should be 0 0 3 28 4 ? 2024 ? 

DPeaco
   VIP   

8 fields???

The documentation mentions 8 but clearly states that you can use 6.

I will give that a try @Deeps 

Thanks,
Dennis

DPeaco
   VIP   

@Deeps 

This is what I get:

DPeaco_0-1714759002519.png

I click on "OK" and it does nothing - ever!!! My 11.4.0 must be broken for this type of report scheduling.

Thanks,
Dennis