cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6.5.4 Upgrade broke vmd/nbkms/ltid

ruckc
Level 2
I just upgraded a fresh install of Netbackup to 6.5.4 and after the upgrade vmd, nbkms, and ltid daemons refuse to start.  How can I debug this?  I've tried increasing the global logging on the Master Server to no success.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
So for clarity you installed 6.5GA - this was working OK - then after a period of time you installed the 6.5.4 update for that OS/platform and this is a master server you installed it on?

You could rollback to the previous version. On UNIX/Linux /usr/openv/pack/ holds the previous backed up binaries prior to the update, with a uninstall scripts. However, I would advise this would be a last resort.
I would review the install trace log for the update and see if it had any issues with it.
For UNIX/Linux it normally places them in /usr/openv/tmp
Windows should have something similar under the <install_path>/Veritas/NetBackup folders

The community might be able to assist further with some more information on your environment.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
So for clarity you installed 6.5GA - this was working OK - then after a period of time you installed the 6.5.4 update for that OS/platform and this is a master server you installed it on?

You could rollback to the previous version. On UNIX/Linux /usr/openv/pack/ holds the previous backed up binaries prior to the update, with a uninstall scripts. However, I would advise this would be a last resort.
I would review the install trace log for the update and see if it had any issues with it.
For UNIX/Linux it normally places them in /usr/openv/tmp
Windows should have something similar under the <install_path>/Veritas/NetBackup folders

The community might be able to assist further with some more information on your environment.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Try to manually start ltid in verbose mode - ltid -v. Or put VERBOSE entry in vm.conf and restart NetBackup.
All device/media manager errors will be logged to Syslog.