cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL DATABASE backups failing with Error 41 ( Network Connection timeout )

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Hi All,

All Database Backups failed with error 41 in our environment , Don't knwo what is the reason according to my work mate this was fixed after rebooting the server last time . Please help me to proceed on this.

Thanks,

Nayab

24 REPLIES 24

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The above log is bpcd log. 

07:25:17.637 [5028.10088] <2> setup_debug_log: switched debug log file for bpcd
07:25:17.637 [5028.10088] <2> bpcd main: VERBOSE = 0

We need bpbkar log.

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Hi Maria,

Please find the bpbkar log.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Client is simply taking too long to generate backup stream:

Backup starts at 5:59:40.
Only at
6:07:27 does it start to evaluate local drive letters.
At
6:15:19 client is ready to 'START BACKUP'.

By this time, the Client Read Timeout on the media server has been exceeded and we see this message:

<16> dtcp_read: TCP - failure: recv socket (648) (TCP 10054: Connection reset by peer)

As per my 2 previous posts - you need to see what is happening on the client when the backup kicks off:

This says to me that the client is trying to generate data stream but has not been able to do so within the 5 minute timeout period. You can increase the timeout on the media server, but better to fix the problem on the client.

You need to see what is happening on the client when the backup is started. Check AV software: Is it scanning each file? Is it preventing files from being sent?

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Yes Maria,

I can say you that as CLINETS has enabled ACTIVE SCANNNING on all DB server , from that point the backups were getting failed and wen v askd clients to disable anti virus as a part of troubleshooting they are telling like it cannot as its a part of SECURITY COMPLIANCE sad

Thanks,

Nayab

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Hi Maria,

The backups were failing due to the ACTIVE SCANNING of KASPERSKY ANTI VIRUS now we have disabled the ACTIVE SCANNING and also we have stopped the service KASPERSKY NETWORK LAB AGENT . Now the backups are running successfully. Thanks a lot for your support maria.

Thank you all            

Regards,

Nayab