cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one out there knows "Sharepoint_check.exe" utility?

harryyu
Level 4

I would like to make sure our SharePoint Backup account has enabled "Replace a process level token" and "Debug Programs" privileges.

Our SharePoint clients are Windows 2008. The account is domain account.

12 REPLIES 12

watsons
Level 6

Never heard of such a binary called Sharepoint_check.exe... 

But about your question, you can find out by doing step3a. in this checklist:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH148598

Hope it helps.

harryyu
Level 4

Thank you Watsons,

I followed the steps. But the utility still report the 2 privileges are DISABLED.

If I open a cmd windows as admin, it shows ENABLED. But my domain account is in local admin group on our 2008 server.

Do you know if there is a Windows build-in way can verify the privileges are DISABLE or ENABLE.

Thanks.

watsons
Level 6

The Netbackup service requires your domain account, look like you have checked those..  is it working if you try to change it to ENABLED from your own domain account?

I don't know about Windows build-in way.

harryyu
Level 4

The problem is that I don't know how to change it to ENABLED. I have put the domain ID into the local policy in Windows 2008, I also tried to do it from Domain Controller. But when I ran the utility, it always reports the priviledges are DISABLED. If I open the CMD windows with "run as Administrator" then run the utility, it show "ENABLED". My domain account is in local admin group.

Will_Restore
Level 6

"My domain account is in local admin group."

Per technote 143436, domain account must have SharePoint and local admin roles.

harryyu
Level 4

Yes, my domain account has SharePoint and local admin roles

My question is that how to make sure that account has "Replace a process Level token" and "Debug Programs" privileges although I put this account into the local security policies.

Will_Restore
Level 6

Administrator Tools > Local Security Policy > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment

harryyu
Level 4

Yes, I did that way.

But why command "whoami /priv" doesn't show those privileges?

Will_Restore
Level 6

sad   but that's not a NetBackup issue

harryyu
Level 4

My NetBackup failed when backing up SharePoint Sandbox without GRT, I am not sure if these privileges causes the issue.

See my other post:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/err-failure-reading-file-microsoft-sharepoint-resourc...

Will_Restore
Level 6

when I check Local Policies the domain user is listed smiley

when I run whoami /priv as the domain user it says Disabled sad

my non-GRT backup runs fine after ensuring the domain account is set on all farm servers

harryyu
Level 4

It looks like the command - whoami /priv is not accurate.

Thanks.