cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR from same client error

phaul
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Good afternoon guys..i'm new to Netbackup 7.0.1..i'm using Netbackup from VMware and i tried BMR from same client restore using media/CD boot..but there's an error when contacting the master server the message says "Failed to retrieve any configurations from the server"..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

Yes, you can follow the generic bmr windows restore steps as Riaan has mentioned above.

Regarding this auto-restore problem,

The client is not able to connect to bmr master server or there might not be restore task ready for this client.

I hope you have done PTR for the client configuration to be restored from the NBU-BMR admin GUI. And there is restore task queued in the bmr task list.

Thanks.

-Mandar

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Go out of that wizard, back to main menu and select generic BMR restore. Enter the IP Address information you would like to use, then ensure the master server IP is correct, then select contact master server. This will bring up the "starting network services" dialog, after that it should change to "contacting master server", and finally it should show you the configuration it found (which would be the configuration you selected when you performed the prepare to restore)

R

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

Yes, you can follow the generic bmr windows restore steps as Riaan has mentioned above.

Regarding this auto-restore problem,

The client is not able to connect to bmr master server or there might not be restore task ready for this client.

I hope you have done PTR for the client configuration to be restored from the NBU-BMR admin GUI. And there is restore task queued in the bmr task list.

Thanks.

-Mandar

phaul
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks Mr. Riaan and Mr. Mandar it works.. :D