cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up SharePoint Index DB

AshGrove_JT
Level 4

I am getting an error message in the Activity monitor when trying to backup my Index DB.  This is a newly setup Test SharePoint server so there is no special setup and it's a single server.  For my backup directive I just have "Microsoft Sharepoint Resources:\All indexes"

Any Ideas?

Warning bpbrm(pid=4584) from client agtstsps: WRN - can't open object: Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\http://agtstsps\Index DB 1 (AGTSTSPS)\Index DB 1 (AGTSTSPS) (BEDS 0xBEB: The Registry or the information you just typed includes an illegalvalue for "(null)".)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chopper
Level 3
Employee Certified

Make sure that the account that is starting the NetBackup client service on the SQL server in the SharePoint farm has the Local Security Policy - Local Policies - User Rights Assignments - 'Replace a Process Level Token' right assigned to the account.  In fact, make sure that the account starting the NBU client has that right on all of the Sharepoint servers in the farm.

One thing that can avoid some pain as well... If you're using SharePoint 2007, also assign the permission "Debug Programs".  You won't find that in any of the documentation.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AshGrove_JT
Level 4
Any ideas here?  Still haven't figured this one out...I can backup the index using the SP backup and restore utility, but NBU still can't find the file it needs.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
what version of Netbackup are u using? this can be a bug if you are under 6.5.2

AshGrove_JT
Level 4
Thanks OMAR

Chopper
Level 3
Employee Certified

Make sure that the account that is starting the NetBackup client service on the SQL server in the SharePoint farm has the Local Security Policy - Local Policies - User Rights Assignments - 'Replace a Process Level Token' right assigned to the account.  In fact, make sure that the account starting the NBU client has that right on all of the Sharepoint servers in the farm.

One thing that can avoid some pain as well... If you're using SharePoint 2007, also assign the permission "Debug Programs".  You won't find that in any of the documentation.

AshGrove_JT
Level 4

Thanks for the info...I will make sure that I have the correct settings.