cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups randomly failing to run

john_wotherspoo
Level 3
Hi folks,

I am having a really annoying problem with our netbackup setup, we are running NB 6 with MP4 on solaris 10, and completely at random i will come in some days and certain backups will have failed to run.  There are no emails sent, nothing in activity monitor, and nothing (as far as i can see) in any log files, the robot is up and everything seems fine.

I cant put my finger on this at all, is there a log file i'm missing that i should be looking in for clues, or has anyone seen this before?

thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Stumpr2
Level 6
OK, this is what I would do. I would follow the suggested steps in the following technotes. I would not trust that the current version of 6.0 MP4 has actually fixed theses problems.

BUG REPORT: Schedules for active policies fail to start despite being due for backup.

When using Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.0, it is possible that scheduled backups will not run if the frequency setting in the policy is set to less than one day. This could result in data loss. This issue is resolved by NetBackup 6.0 MP4 released on November 20, 2006.

AGAIN, I would ignore the part about this supposedly been fixed with MP4 Smiley Happy

john_wotherspoo
Level 3
cool, thanks LOADS for that, i will take a look and let you know how i got on.