cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Line : List all Backup-ID only from a list of tapes.

HugoL
Level 2

I have a few thousand Tapes that have been shredded.   I have the tapes list.  I can create a list easily.

I try from bpimmedia command to list the BackupID present on each tapes.

I only need the BackupID to create a list that I will be able to use to expired images from the Catalog.

Is there a way to create that list from a command line where I'll be able to call a command and parse the Tapes list and create a txt file with all BackupID only ???

Presently it give me all this info but I just need the first :

Backup-ID Policy Type RL Files C E T PC Hold Expires DTE-Mode
Copy Frag KB Type Density FNum Off Host DWO MPX Expires RL Hold MediaID
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance !  

2 REPLIES 2

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

Expired images cannot be listed using any of the commands, if this is your question & read it correctly.

on linux you try - bpimmedia -mediaid 0D1361 -L | awk '{print $1}'

If you want to expire a tape from netbackup you can do so using - bpexpdate -m media_id -d 0

Please make sure you are 100% sure you want to expire the tape before executing the command as this is not reversible.

Thanks for the reply.
What I need is this :

Have a thousand tapes destroyed but they don't expired anything from NetBackup first.

I can go and expired the tape from NetBackup (Easy) but I want to make sure I expired the images and not the tape.
Why ?   because if the images are spread on many tapes I will let images information in NetBackup (Orphan)

I just want to do the best Catalog cleanup.   By expiring Images and not only tape.