cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling E-Mails from Netbackup 6.0MP4

JMarrero
Not applicable

Hello all,

Due to SOX compliance I needed to put into place e-mail alerts from our NetBackup Server (W2K3).  I went ahead and downloaded BLAT and configured the nbmail.cmd to send e-mails.  I also configured the backup_exit_notify.cmd to send mail, but ignoring the 0 and 1 statuses.

The problem I'm having is that I'm still getting notification multiple e-mails for all the other statuses, instead of just the 1 e-mail from backup_exit_notify, which I also receive.  I tried going to the Master Server and the Clients and in the Universal Settings deleting the e-mail address and changing the settings from Client to Server and any combination you can think of.  And I can't stop the mails from coming.

Right now, I have it configured to Client sends mail with no e-mail address and it seems to give me the least amount of mail, but I still get a ton during the weekend full backups.  Is there any way to stop the "normal" NetBackup e-mails from being sent and just get the ones from the backup_exit_notify.cmd?

Thanks,

- Johniel

P.S.  Attached is what the "normal" NetBackup e-mail I get is, so you know what I'm referring to.  These are the two I received today.  Obviously, I don't have the e-mail from backup_exit_notify since it ignores Status 1.

1st E-Mail: 

Backup on client flapps for user root by server flbackup was partially successful.

Policy = FLAPPS-SQL

Schedule = Full

File list

---------

C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\DbExt\MsSql\fullbackup.bch

2nd E-Mail:

Backup on client flapps for user root by server flbackup was partially successful.

may have more information..

File list

---------

0 REPLIES 0