cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Missing from Restore

ANURAG2840
Level 3
Hi All I took a full NDMP backup of 1 share. The opscenter detailed job status is showing that 13000 files and approximately 1.5 TB of data was backed up. The storage is Data Domain. The backup job took 14 hours to complete. However in restore window only 4 files are visible. I have also checked the .f file catalog images and the .f file contains the following output.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The issue was because of the bug present in NetApp data OnTap 8.2.x OS. The inodes and metadata are not sent to the netbackup server. However Netbackup 7.7.3 is unable to detect this and backup completes successfully. The restore is not possible.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

puneet102
Level 4

NDMP data can be restore only on same data domain, however location can be change. If the data was backed up without any errror then it should be restore properly. Try to restore data in in different folder.

Last time when I was faced this issue was because the data was already present there and NetBackup was failed to replace the data as the files was in use by another process.

Thanks
Puneet Dixit

Sujay24
Level 4
Employee

Hi Anurag,

Check with below commands from master server to list all files which where backed up :-

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bplist -C <source client name which was there in backup selection in policy> -t 19- R -l /

Restore can be done to same vendor filer to same location or alternate location. Try to restore at alternate location and check.

The issue was because of the bug present in NetApp data OnTap 8.2.x OS. The inodes and metadata are not sent to the netbackup server. However Netbackup 7.7.3 is unable to detect this and backup completes successfully. The restore is not possible.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
8.2 is quite old.
You should really consider upgrading.