cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate fragments in parallel

rento
Level 2

Hello

I have got some very large backups which result in a number of fragments.

I have plenty of bandwidth available and I would like the SLP to Duplicate the fragments in parallel. For the time being it looks like is doing them sequentially.

Is there any way of achieving this?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

nope, it does not work in that way.. it can only duplicate the fragements one after another for same backup image.

View solution in original post

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Agree. Best way if you can split backup in multiple steams, this will allow for parallel transfer.

Database backup has built in options for that, file system backup can be done if organized the right way.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla

Hello Rento,

if you are looking for same backup image with Mulitple fragments, it is not possible to run it parallel.

if you are looking for mulitple backup images, yes it is possible to run multiple duplication jobs.. and it can be managed based on the SLP parameters 

rento
Level 2

Same backup....

RamNagalla

nope, it does not work in that way.. it can only duplicate the fragements one after another for same backup image.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Agree. Best way if you can split backup in multiple steams, this will allow for parallel transfer.

Database backup has built in options for that, file system backup can be done if organized the right way.