cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERR - Process is running under LocalSystem account. This is not allowed for nbfsd activity. Please reconfigure the NetBackup Client Service to log on as a different account.

vilhena
Level 4

Hello.

I'm running netbackup master 7.1 on a RHEL 5.6 64 bits.

Since a while that that the backups on the domain controllers terminate with status 1: the requested operation was partially successful(1).

Through the job details I find this error: ERR - Process is running under LocalSystem account. This is not allowed for nbfsd activity. Please reconfigure the NetBackup Client Service to log on as a different account.

Do you know how to solve this?

Thanks.

Regards,

Vilhena

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You should only see this error if you have selected GRT in the policy. Is this the case?

If so, have you configured this feature as per Chapter 30 (About Granular Recovery Technology) of NBU Admin Guide for Windows, Volume I  http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3653  ?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

Let us know which OS you are using on Domain Controller ?

you may need modify  Netbackup client service properties & set logon as by Domain admin account

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

What OS for the DCs that are showing this error?

vilhena
Level 4

It's a windows Server 2008 R2.

Thanks,

Vilhena

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

with right-click, Run As Administrator?

Can you check/change the account that runs the service as stated in the error (& Yogesh...)?

vilhena
Level 4

Yes, I can change the account, but to what account do I change it?

(what do you mean by & Yogesh?)

Thanks,

Vilhena

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

The first reply to your query by Yogesh9881:

"...

Hi vilhena,

Let us know which OS you are using on Domain Controller ?

you may need modify  Netbackup client service properties & set logon as by Domain admin account

..."

vilhena
Level 4

Aaaahhh sorry, ahah!

Marianne
Level 6

You should only see this error if you have selected GRT in the policy. Is this the case?

If so, have you configured this feature as per Chapter 30 (About Granular Recovery Technology) of NBU Admin Guide for Windows, Volume I  http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3653  ?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

- get easily distracted these days.

vilhena
Level 4

Hello Marianne.

Yes I do have GRT selected for the policy.

Thanks, I guess that if i follow what's said in the document it should solve the issue.

But when trying to connect to this machine, I realized that it was too slow, I opened the task manager, and I saw 9 instances of the process nblbc.exe consuming a lot of CPU (CPU usage is 100%), is this normal?

Thanks,

Vilhena

Marianne
Level 6

It certainly does not seem normal. Maybe incomplete GRT config is causing a wait/hang.....  Hopefully you've been able to kill all these processes via Task Manager?

vilhena
Level 4

Well, I rebooted the machine and all went right. strange number of processes disappeared and the backups are working correctly.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

Ricardo Vilhena

Marianne
Level 6

Please mark the post that helped you most as Solution.