cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Error] V-123-49 Operation failed.

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited
i am using Veritas Netbackup 6.5 on win2003R2. i took the discovered information from client over USB flash drive and paste it on the Master server. here i am unable to import the configuration
Below is the error which i am getting

C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>bmrs -operation import -resource config -
path c:\discover.xml
[Error] V-123-49 Operation failed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

NavA
Level 4
I was talking about the client not master server.

I beleive you have NB client installed. If it is windows client bundle.dat is located [C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\BareMetal\client\data or install location].

PUt the bundle.dat on usb and copy it to master server and run the below command to import it. The below command is for UNIX/LINUX master server, i beleive it would be the same on windows as well just the PATH would be different.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bmrs -op import -res config -client <client_name> -path <path_to>bundle.dat

Hope this helps.bmr.JPG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Zahid_Haseeb
 Any help will be appriciated
Thanks

NavA
Level 4
i think you have use to copy the bundle.dat and import not the xml file.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bmrs -op import -res config -client <client_name> -path <path_to>bundle.dat

Also increase bmrd logging on master that might help you identify the problem.

vxlogcfg -a --prodid 51216 --orgid 119 -s DebugLevel=5 -s DiagnosticLevel=5
vxlogview -i 119 > /tmp/bmrd.log [to read the log]

Zahid_Haseeb
HI NavA

My discovered configuration is in .xml file, why do i import bundle.dat? where do i can find the bundle.dat

NavA
Level 4
bundle.dat is in the same folder/directory as the .xml file. On unix client it is under /usr/openv/netbackup/baremetal/client/data

Zahid_Haseeb
 Actually 1st i discovered the configuration and 2nd i copy the .xml file from the client on which i want to install BMR backup to the Master Server. I am taking regarding the client Side and you are taking about the Master Server Side. I am descovering the configuration and saving it locally bcuz my NIC driver was doing problem and thats why i am not able to connect the Master and the CLient. I am discovering the configuration for view the NIC so i can import it to the master server and let meself know what is the NIC driver / NIC model is at the client side

NavA
Level 4
I was talking about the client not master server.

I beleive you have NB client installed. If it is windows client bundle.dat is located [C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\BareMetal\client\data or install location].

PUt the bundle.dat on usb and copy it to master server and run the below command to import it. The below command is for UNIX/LINUX master server, i beleive it would be the same on windows as well just the PATH would be different.

Hope this helps.bmr.JPG