cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error bptm (pid=11503) incorrect media found in drive index 6, expected UITH07, found UIUR23, FREEZING UITH07

Sabarna
Level 4

Hi All,

I had removed barcode UIUR23 with UITH07 on the LTO4 media yesterday. While taking backup i am getting below error:

Error bptm (pid=11503) incorrect media found in drive index 6, expected UITH07, found UIUR23, FREEZING UITH07

Master server OS version: RedHat Linux

Netbackup version: 7.0.1

Any suggesstions? Plz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

You should've re-labelled the tape (***EDIT*** logically via NB as well as physically) so that internal/external labels match as Riaan states.

NB loads the tape it thinks is UITH07 reads the internal label which still reads UIUR23 & as they don't match, to protect you from possible data loss it freezes the media.

If you do re-label (***EDIT*** via the GUI), un-tick the "Verify media label before performing operation" box. Any data you have on the tape will be "lost" during re-labelling.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The internal and external labels aren't matching up. What happened to the tape?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

You should've re-labelled the tape (***EDIT*** logically via NB as well as physically) so that internal/external labels match as Riaan states.

NB loads the tape it thinks is UITH07 reads the internal label which still reads UIUR23 & as they don't match, to protect you from possible data loss it freezes the media.

If you do re-label (***EDIT*** via the GUI), un-tick the "Verify media label before performing operation" box. Any data you have on the tape will be "lost" during re-labelling.

Sabarna
Level 4

Due to insufficient media for backups, we have removed label: UIUR23 from tape and paste new barcode: UITH07.

I have also tried to label  the media from netbackup but i am getting same error again.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

How much did you find that helped? (You've still the same number of media, just with different labels)

"I have also tried to label  the media from netbackup but i am getting same error again." - did you un-tick the box?

Sabarna
Level 4

Yes, last time i forget to uncheck the "Verify media label before performing operation" box while labelling the tapes in netbackup. Now, after labelling the tapes successfully, netbackup is writing data into tape.

Current volume pool having different labelling convention therefore we have removed old barcode with the new one.

Many Thanks to you and Riaan.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

That makes sense now! One pool running short therefore need to move from another with enough to spare - I presume there's a business requirement for this labelling convention?