Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange GRT restore

matias_martini
Level 3
Partner

Hello,

I have to do a GRT restore from an DAG Exchange 2013.

Our issue is that the backup is on tape, and there's no GRT option enabled.

My question is, can I duplicate that backup from tape to disc and restore the email that I need after the duplication is on disc? Or the backup must have had the GRT option enabled at the time of the backup was made?

In case that there's no possibility to do this, is my only option to do a full restore to a Exchange Database Recovery and proceed to do the restore from the Exchange Console?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SheltonQ
Level 4

Hello - Yes , the backup must go to disc directly with GRT enabled on the policies during backup in order to do a GRT restore.

NOTE : GRT needs NFS to be configured on the media , Mailbox and CAS servers.(portmap service should also be enabled).

If not, as you mentioned you may have to create a RDB on the exchange node to restore the database completly and mailboxes can be extracted and restored from the exchange console.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SheltonQ
Level 4

Hello - Yes , the backup must go to disc directly with GRT enabled on the policies during backup in order to do a GRT restore.

NOTE : GRT needs NFS to be configured on the media , Mailbox and CAS servers.(portmap service should also be enabled).

If not, as you mentioned you may have to create a RDB on the exchange node to restore the database completly and mailboxes can be extracted and restored from the exchange console.

Thanks for your answer!!

I'd have to do the RDB and the whole procedure in Exchange...

You're welcome !!