cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full backup incomplete for a Windows 2008R2 client

cus
Level 4

Hello,

I am currently experience issues backing up a Window 2008R2 server that is SAN attached (there are no mounts setup on the server). When i run a Full backup (manual or automated) it backs up the server successfully however it on completes an incremental backup rather than a full backup.

Has anyone come across this before? I do not have any exclusions selected for the server, we noticed that only SAN attached drives are not backing up at (which are not mounts).

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cus
Level 4
Thanks for you help with this Marianne,the issue i was having was due to open files. We currently have Backup Exec installed on this server which runs the whole day but at 4am in the we stop the services so Netbackup 6.5.5 can do a backup of the changes captured by Backup Exec on the previous day (i hope i haven't confused you). The issue was that Backup Exec is keeping the files in an "in use" state therefore Netbackup was unable to backup the files.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Which NBU version?
What is user account used for NetBackup Client Service? Does this account have necessary access to SAN drives?
Please share contents of Backup Selection for this client.
Ensure you have bpbkar log on client to see how backup selection is interpreted on client.

cus
Level 4
Thanks Marianne,

The version of NBU is 6.5.5
The Netbackup Client service account used has admin rights to SAN 
The contents of the backups are flat files eg .doc, .xlm, .pdf
I will enable bpbkar log for further investigation, hopefully this helps

Marianne
Level 6
Please share contents of 'Backup Selections' tab for this policy.

Rajesh_s1
Level 6
Certified
Can you please elabriate your question .. its bit  confusing ...

Marianne
Level 6

Marianne
Level 6
Even better - instead of just 'Backup Selections' tab - Please share entire policy config:

bppllist <policy_name> -U

cus
Level 4
Thanks for you help with this Marianne,the issue i was having was due to open files. We currently have Backup Exec installed on this server which runs the whole day but at 4am in the we stop the services so Netbackup 6.5.5 can do a backup of the changes captured by Backup Exec on the previous day (i hope i haven't confused you). The issue was that Backup Exec is keeping the files in an "in use" state therefore Netbackup was unable to backup the files.