cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I rerun a NBU 6.5.2 vault?

Echojr
Level 2
I had to cancel one at about 76%.  I started a new one, but it finished in minutes, and ejected only one tape, whereas the usual takes 17 hours and ejects 12 tapes. I've seen one answer that says to 'change backup date' and rerun the vault.  How do I change the backup date?  In a restore, I can select a backup date, but what is the equivalent for vault?
2 REPLIES 2

Ron_Cohn
Level 6

This is what I do under NBU 6.0 MP5 for Windows. 

On the media created in the initial vault, you would use the following:

bpmedia   -m 000000 -unsuspend -h HostServer

bpexpdate -m 000000 -d 0 -host HostServer -force

This will immediately expire the tape and all images on it.  Then just rerun NBU Vault.

Message Edited by Ron Cohn on 09-19-2008 02:26 PM

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

check under the vault session logs (/usr/openv/netbacku/vault/sessions/<profile>/<sid>/ and see if under the media.list log you have all your tapes then match any tape with your library and see if where ejected or not, if not you will need to inventory your library and re-run the job or you can start a new vault job, if you are duplicating data is normal that doesnt take that long because once an images gets duplicated it will be excluded in the next run and you can confirm this checking the number of copies that you have for a recent image just run bpimagelist -backupid <backupid> -L | grep -i copy and check if you have more than one copy, other point to see which images where duplicated is under the duplicated.log logs in the sid profile directory.

hope this helps.

regards