cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the lost media report from Unix CLI without using vltopmenu?

King25may
Level 4

I see that vlteject command can be used, but am not sure about the syntax. I need to write a script which will send the lost media report as an Email attachment to the tape librarian daily. Can any one help me in this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Here you are, very sorry I was a bit later than planned.

vlteject -profile 0/vault/vault -dup_id 5 -function report -command lostmedia_ff:50

To specify the number of days, simply add :x at the end, so in this case, 50 days.

As mentined above my vault and profile are both called vault, hence the 0/vault/vault in the command (rob_num/vault_name/profile_name)

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Try this - I don;t have a maachine to hand to test it, but hopefully it should get you started. vlteject -profile -dup_id -function report -command lostmedia_ff If you have multiple profiles on a vault, you can specify like this : So instead of -profile you would have -profile eg -profile 0/myvault/myprofile

King25may
Level 4

Thanks for reply martin. In that command where can I specify the value for "Skip media requested for return, upto".

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Not quite following you there, could you explain what you mean a bit differently ... I'm not sure there is any option to skip media, but perhaps I misunderstand. Aside of that, did the command work ?

King25may
Level 4

No Martin, I didn't try the command yet. 

While running the lost media report via NBU console, there is a option "Skip media requested for return, upto". In that we need to specify the number days.

While using "vltopmenu" also, it will ask for number days to skip media.

But I dont find any option to specify that in vlteject command. 

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Ahh ok, I'll have a look and report back tomorrow.

King25may
Level 4

Thanks Martin

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Apologies, I was stuck on a couple of cases today, I'll try again tomorrow during lunch, very sorry ...

watsons
Level 6

I don't think there is one for "lost media" in vlteject, unless the parameter is hidden (-lm), well.. tried in my 7.6.0.3 env, and there is no "-lm".

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Here you are, very sorry I was a bit later than planned.

vlteject -profile 0/vault/vault -dup_id 5 -function report -command lostmedia_ff:50

To specify the number of days, simply add :x at the end, so in this case, 50 days.

As mentined above my vault and profile are both called vault, hence the 0/vault/vault in the command (rob_num/vault_name/profile_name)

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Regards,

Martin

King25may
Level 4

Thanks Martin.

Will test this on monday nd update u.

But when I check the man page for vlteject i don't see a flag called -command. I'm using 7.5.0.7 NBU version.

King25may
Level 4

Martin, will it create any problem if I try in this in production server?

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

No, should be ok, it's only a report so worst case is it doesn't work.

I ran the command on my server and it worked fine, though I had no lost tapes, it just reported 0 tapes found.

King25may
Level 4

Thank you so much Martin. It works.!!!!!!! Sorry for the delay

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please mark Martin's post that answered your query as Solution.