cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important things to address when starting new threads!

Turls
Level 6

When starting new threads in here, please make sure to address necessary information like the Operating systems and NetBackup version numbers.

16 REPLIES 16

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I certainly hope that ALL list members read this!
A lot of valuable time is wasted asking 'Which O/S?' 'Which NBU version?'

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
or create something similar, so that ALL the requirements are always visible for new posters - maybe create a list of do's & don'ts?

e.g. O/S, versions etc as stated plus guidelines & recommendations for posting such as not resurrecting old posts, new queries to be new posts & not tagged on to existing (hijacking), push the voting & mark as solution options etc etc etc.

***EDIT***
Sorry, just realised it was already at the top of the page. Maybe I need new glasses!

David_McMullin
Level 6
Some people add that as a tag line - could it be part of the user profile and auto tagged?
Maybe I should add that as an IDEA?

rjrumfelt
Level 6
go ahead and paste any log snippets they have.

I like the idea of having this info as part of a profile which would be automatically added to any thread they make in the forum.

David_McMullin
Level 6
Vote for my idea if you think it would be a good thing,

See my signature for an example of what it would look like.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Vote for your idea David, this will certainly cut down on what Marianne describes. Only asked this of a forum post the other day.!
This should definitely be an option to add to your profile. Have been doing this for past 9 months.

Heres a direct link to Davids Idea

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/idea/auto-signature-nbu-version-and-platform

Marianne
Level 6
Biggest problem is that some list members do not even read the 'featured discussions' at the top of the screen... It's certainly better since the post.
I do not have a signature because I'm a bit of a 'jack of all trades' - I work for a reseller and need to support all Symantec availability products on all platforms.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
at the top of the screen..."

Even I'm guilty of that. (see my earlier post!). Maybe they could be a bit made more prominent?

**EDIT**

Like quite a few things on the forum - needs to SHOUT to make it stand out. Another prime example being the "Mark as Solution" option.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
as well as voted for it!

Basically:

"...
The only issue that will need to be addressed (& this has been mentioned before, but I'm not sure where) is that the signature needs to be applied to the original post & not just replies as it is at the moment.
..."

Marianne
Level 6
I have added this as an idea:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/idea/add-fields-os-product-version-when-creating-new-posts

Add fileds to posting form that will make selection of O/S and product version compulsory.

PLEASE VOTE!!

Jawed
Level 2

Hi

I have Win 2008 two node cluster and wants to install Netbackup 6.5.6 Client in cluster environment.
Kindly tell me the installation procedure in cluster environment and also confirm
Is installation is to bw done on both nodes like standalone machine?

Turls
Level 6
@ Jawed, please post your question on a new thread as your comment does not relate to the discussion happening on this thread. Thanks!

Jawed
Level 2

I am  very new in this forum. Kindly suggest me the solution

Marianne
Level 6
Jawed, you need to start a new thread:
Click on the blue "start a new discussion" :

Will_Restore
Level 6
... a signature does not show on first post.  frown
just noticed this when I started a new thread.  my sig shows here but NOT there.

David_McMullin
Level 6
or is it threadjacked?