cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Netbackup Client

technimdaxviii
Level 5

I'm looking for the installation steps and software to be use in one client server(DR) and I've found 7.6 Installation Guide.

At Chapter 6 Installing NetBackup client software > About NetBackup client installation on UNIX/Linux > About UNIX/Linux client installation methods (Page  103), there are methods to install client software.

Just want to confirm, if using one of these methods will be enough to connect the client to master server in order to do restoration?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Genericus
   VIP   

As someone still on 7.6.1.2 - this has expired. I am in the process of upgrading, you likely should too.

You will hear that everytime, lol...

But, to answer your question, yes that should do it. Just check the bp.conf in the install directory and ensure the master server is correct. Please verify that the backup allows your DR media server to restore it - or you will get errors. 

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Genericus
   VIP   

As someone still on 7.6.1.2 - this has expired. I am in the process of upgrading, you likely should too.

You will hear that everytime, lol...

But, to answer your question, yes that should do it. Just check the bp.conf in the install directory and ensure the master server is correct. Please verify that the backup allows your DR media server to restore it - or you will get errors. 

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

Hi Genericus,

Thank you for the response.

Do I need to update bp.conf to add the new client hostname before installing with these methods?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The client and master names will automatically be added to bp.conf during installation (based on the questions you answer during installation).

Check that PBX, vnetd and bpcd are all started at the end of the installation.

Two more things to check/verify:
Forward and reverse name lookup between master/media server in both directions,
Port connectivity (1556) in both directions.

Best to disable OS firewall on client. 

Create bpcd log folder on the client - this will enable you to troubleshoot in case there are initial comms problems.