cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveUpdate for 7.7.1

backup-botw
Level 6

I am looking to update my LiveUpdate library to accomplish client updates to the latest version. I have read through the liveupdate guide, but didnt find it very useful. I have downloaded Netbackup_7.7.1_LU_1of2.tar.gz and Netbackup_7.7.1_LU_2of2.tar.gz. Am I supposed to merge these two files, upload them to the liveupdate directory on my server and simply gunzip/tar the contents? Am I supposed to remove all of the old client version files from there?

5 REPLIES 5

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

First gunzip them individually and then untar it and them copy over all of those extracted files in a folder Liveupdate

You can also refer the post below which was for 7.6.0.1

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-configure-netbackup-liveupdate

backup-botw
Level 6

As far as cleaning up the old data is concerned...what should the liveupdate directory have in it by default? It looks like the one I am working on hasnt been cleaned up in years so I would like to remove the old client stuff that isnt needed and only have the current client stuff that is needed. I have attached a screenshot of the directory and was hoping to figure out what all I can delete without breaking anything.

backup-botw
Level 6

Can everything in the screenshot I posted be removed or is any of it needed? I dont know what this directory looks like by default so I wanted to be sure I didnt remove anything that might be needed. Once I have it cleaned up I will then upload and unpack the new client data so I can update clients via LiveUpdate.

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

I think oyu can still keep it ... You might require when you need to push older versions

backup-botw
Level 6

I cleared it all out and started fresh. LiveUpdate is working without issue and pushing the latest client version.