cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSDP - Space reclaim Process in 7.6 - Can we run data integrity check

Gnana_Sekaran
Level 4

I have expired close to 100 + backup images from the MSDP disk pool 7.6 .

Queue processing and compaction run manullay to completed sucessfully .

Do we have any option to start the data intergiry check to remove garbages from the disk pool.

Is there any parameter we can speiciy in spa.cfg to run this intergrity check often.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

There is no built-in tool to do that out of the box

You will have to use a combination of more Netbackup command.

You can list image store the MSDP pool using the bpimmedia command. This commend will query the catalog.

# bpimmedia -stype PureDisk

Do you have space issue on the MSDP disk ?

Cleaning more often than 12 hours and do verification of images indicate so ....

Tech note:

How to reclaim deduplication storage space manually (PureDisk Storage Pool and NetBackup Media Server Deduplication Pool)

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH124914

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Sorry - but yore statement does not make sense 

"Do we have any option to start the data  Integrity check to remove garbages from the disk pool."

Integrity check does not care about garbage collection, and garbage collection does not do integrity check. 

For data integrity checking - see this tech note:

Configuring MSDP data integrity checking behavior

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO89137

Regarding space management I have already posted an answer in the related thread you opened.

Gnana_Sekaran
Level 4

Do we have any option to remove the garbages (like we did in 7.5 -- crcollect).

I hope the garbages will be removed when the data  Integrity check is running on 7.6 (correct me if wrong)

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

MSDP cleaning happen two time per day. The cleaning removes container (data) no longer needed.

Do you want to run the cleaning more often ?

All the option you had in 7.5 are also presnt in 7.6. But the MSDP code has been changed a lot and is now much faster and able to scale much more. Gone are the tlog that could cause problems before.

Gnana_Sekaran
Level 4

I would like to run cleanning more often and would like to find out if any orphaned images present on the disk pool.

Is there any we can compare the catalog images and disk pool image ?

Gnana_Sekaran
Level 4

I tried to compare the images in diskpool and catalog using 

bpstsinfo --cdas -media_id @xxxxx -stype PureDisk 

Is there any other way we can compare the images in the disk pool and netbackup catalog.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

There is no built-in tool to do that out of the box

You will have to use a combination of more Netbackup command.

You can list image store the MSDP pool using the bpimmedia command. This commend will query the catalog.

# bpimmedia -stype PureDisk

Do you have space issue on the MSDP disk ?

Cleaning more often than 12 hours and do verification of images indicate so ....

Tech note:

How to reclaim deduplication storage space manually (PureDisk Storage Pool and NetBackup Media Server Deduplication Pool)

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH124914