cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSDP pool 64TB capacity

dsk1
Level 4

Hi,

We are on Netbackup 7.6.0.4 using MSDP as backup target. The storage is provisioned from IBM V5000 storage and now MSDP pool has reached its 64TB size limit. Though Netbackup 7.6.1.2 supports upto 96 TB capacity, Veritas is not supporting to upgrade existing 64TB to 96TB. Now I need to add new media server with additional storage. Can I provision storage to new media server from the same storage IBM V5000? can someone advise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Why not upgrade to NBU 7.7.x (or 8.0 which is due withing the next week or so)?

All NBU versions up to 7.6.1.x will reach EOSL on 1 Feb 2017.

To answer your question - yes. a new lun on the existing storage array can be zoned to a new media server. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Why not upgrade to NBU 7.7.x (or 8.0 which is due withing the next week or so)?

All NBU versions up to 7.6.1.x will reach EOSL on 1 Feb 2017.

To answer your question - yes. a new lun on the existing storage array can be zoned to a new media server. 

100% agree with Marianne on this one.  Take the opportunity to upgrade.  New features, better stability, it's well worth the time.

I would ask one other question on the storage -- is this all that's on the 5000?  How performance saturated are you?  Functionally you can carve out the LUNs, but performance is always a factor to look at as well.

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes V5000 storage is dedicated for Netbackup and I hope there should not be any performance issues adding second LUN. I will cross check on that and thanks for heads up.

vtas_chas
Level 6
Employee

From what I know of the 5000, which admittedly isn't expert-level, if this is dedicated you should be fine with a second set of LUNs for a second media server.  

Charles
VCS, NBU & Appliances