cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a tape library from one media server to another within the same NetBackup domain

CadenL
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi all

I need to move a single drive tape library from one NetBackup Media server to another within the same NetBackup domain. The tape library is used as part of an SLP that duplicates images to tape.

Do I need to remove the stage in the SLP, delete the tape storage unit, delete the robot and tape device and then plug it into the new media server?

The reason for asking is that I can't delete the tape storage unti yet as I'm getting an error saying the device exist in a previous SLP version and I need to modify the versions. This is quite a time consuming process which I'd rather avoid if possible. Also I'm not sure what I should put into the -residence option as I still need a value there can't use the tape STU itself and I don't have another tape library configured that I could use as a temporary entry. I don't think I can use _NA_ as this means 'Remote Master' when used with the -residence option.

Does anyone know when the previous versions of the SLP are automatically removed? What would I need to do to tidy these up and that would then remove the references to the tape storage device for me?

many thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6

CadenL

Thanks Marianne

Yes - I was able to sort out the syntax based on my requirements. Had to substitute in more than just the -resisdence option as it needed updates to the -pool too.

But after an hour or two work I managed to weed out all the references to the tape library I needed to remove.

thanks again