Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBDeployUtil and VMware

jon_warfield
Level 2
Partner

Hello all, 

Lookign for some advice. I heavily use NBDeployUtil in order to work with customers on licensing. I have noticed as time goes on there is more and information that needs to be verified manually. I have discussed some of these things with Veritas and generally don't get anywhere. The biggest issue I run in to is the incability for the NBDeployUtil to detect what ESX servers are being protected. I always get that dreaded UNKOWN flag in the Virtual hosts tab. 

I was wondering if any of you know any tips or secrets to allow NBDeployUtil to discern this information, is there a config change, or a simple solution? My guess is this is usually caused by name resolution somwhere along the line, does anyone have any information on this? If nobody has any information on config changes, does anyone know of a better workflow for figuring out usage in an NEtBAckup enviornment? SOrting through these are taking up more and more of my time, and becoming more and more of a manual process to the point where it is starting to not be worth the time for me.  

Thank you in advance for your assistance. 

1 REPLY 1

stucci
Level 6

hello jon,

can you provide the command that you run ? and the output ??

thank you, regards