cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 6.5.5 Persistent Binding

bombcan
Level 3

Hi

My NBU is 6.5.5 and I have a HPUX master server and a redhat 5 linux media server with 2.6 kernel.

I zoned a vtl with drives to the Media Server and would like to know how can I use persistent binding

with NBU. Do I just use the /dev/nst# devices or do I use the /dev/tape/by-id devices that are created with

the 2.6 kernel. If so how do I use these devices because NBU does not seem to recognize these devices.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You use the /dev/nst device drivers. Netbackup will retrieve the drive serial number and re-order the device drivers so they match the device configuration. Works really great

Can you provide more info why the Linux boxes do not recognize the VTL devices ?.

Have you tried to run /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/scan ?

bombcan
Level 3

No I have not tried the scan. Will do that and post the outcome.

bombcan
Level 3

The scan sees all the drives. I configured it and after awhile i get a popup whever I go in the Device Monitor or try to view the Robots or Media Servers

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

What does the pop-up say ?. Is it the image in the previous post ?

bombcan
Level 3

This popup is when you go into the devices pane

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

What is the exact message of the pop-up ?

Please provide more info.

bombcan
Level 3

TPC_DEV65 ROBOT ROBOT0 8 0 mtl-nbu01p /dev/sg47 - -1 -1 -1 -1 VL04CX1044BVF00126 - mtlhqmst QUANTUM~DXi8500~~~~~~~~~100A 0 1 0

That's what is in the popup and the screen stays blank

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

With the present amount of information I am unable to suggest corrective actions. 

Try to open a support call with Symantec Support.