cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 7.5.0.3 SLP jobs mutating/splitting into several smaller jobs

Jim_Ganong
Level 3

Hi,

I am having some weird behavior on my NBU jobs going to a dedupe pool.

I am running 7.5.0.3 on Windows 2008 SR2.  The clients are mostly Windows 2003 or 2008 Servers / both standard and enterprise.

First, I HAVE opened a case with suport on this and I did come up with a work-around/solution (see below).  The technician did state that he thought the job(s) were corrupt - havent seen that behavior or any entries in these forums about anything like that before.

The issue is the jobs are breaking up into several smaller jobs (i.e., a job that typically has one job with 500,000 bytes and takes 15 minutes to run now splits into 60 jobs with 10,000 bytes (just an example, not actual) and takes 4 hours to run.  What this is causing is a situation where backups normally complete by 3 a.m. are now either timing out and having to be re-started or do complete, but hinder other jobs from completing in their alotted time-span.  I DO have a solution, in that re-creating each job (i have about 40 i'll have to re-create to fix all this) does fix the issue and they go back to one job.  I am just throwing this out there to see if anyone has any ideas or has run into this same issue.

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Any customized entries in LIFECYCLE_PARAMETERS file?

Jim_Ganong
Level 3

No, - although looking now it appears at one time there was - the file is called ----LIFECYCLE_PARAMETERS---OLD  so I assume the previous admin may have been trying to do something with that, but it appears it is not in use.