cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 7 Admin Console issue

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, when I lanch NBU 7 admin console (on Windows server 2008 R2), I receive an error message which said

Netbackup has determined that the Server list on this Master Server is missing the local host entry. Click Continue to launch, Cancel to quit, and Repair to add the local host to the end of server list.

If I click Continue, the admin console can come up but this error message show up every time when I launch the console.

If I click Repair, the admin console will become unavailable.

I did some research and found someone mentioned about registry:

Go To - Registry regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->VERITAS->NetBackup->CurrentVersion->Config
In here there is key called Server with type REG_MULTI_SZ.
This key contains the list of servers, we need to modify this key so that the name of Master Server is first in the list. We just change the sequence here.

But I found in the registry in this master server, the master server is already first in the list. Is there any way to solve this issue? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi,

Have you ever changed the host name of the master server.

Is there any DNS  server running that have this server's entry.

Is it a reinstallation of the NBU 7.

Is there any Antivirus/Firewall installed in the system.

In the registry you have maintained, does the "Browser:"; "Clint_name"  and Server have the same value entries..........

That is if the Client_name have server01 then browser should have seerver01 along with the server........................

Where the sever01 FQDN may  have server01.domain.com.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are you using a Windows Admin Console installed on a remote machine (i.e. your desktop or laptop) or on the master server itself? If remote Admin Console, compare output of 'hostname' as well as 'bpclntcmd -self' with list of SERVER entries.

You should never need to edit the registry to manipulate SERVER entries. If you use the Server tab in Host Properties, it will automatically add new servers as additional servers and keep the Master at the top of the list.

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I run NetBackup admin console locally on the master server.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Double check on master as well output of 'hostname' as well as 'bpclntcmd -self'.

If these commands display shortname of master, check that you did not enter FQDN as Master server hostname. It is fine to add long name as alias.

Please also verify output of 'nbemmcmd -listhosts -verbose'.

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks for your answers.

I tried the commands and all display shortname of master server. Then how to check FQDN is not entered as master server hostname? I went to host properties -> master server, it shows the shortname.

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi,

Have you ever changed the host name of the master server.

Is there any DNS  server running that have this server's entry.

Is it a reinstallation of the NBU 7.

Is there any Antivirus/Firewall installed in the system.

In the registry you have maintained, does the "Browser:"; "Clint_name"  and Server have the same value entries..........

That is if the Client_name have server01 then browser should have seerver01 along with the server........................

Where the sever01 FQDN may  have server01.domain.com.

Thanks.