cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP restores of checkpoint on Celerra NSX

EMCSANMAN
Level 2
Guys/Gals, I am currently backing up a Celerra NSX via NDMP utilizing checkpoints. I have been doing this for a couple months and having great success with backups AND restores...until today. I am trying to restore a directory from the checkpoint straight back to the share. (Example: Source-/ckpt_Nightly_HM-10027/USERS/John/Backupjohn/  Target /HM-10027/USERS/John/Restore/)

Once I start the restore, I get an immediate closure code 5 (yeah yeah, the catch all for all failed restores..duh). When I look at the restore itself, it actually tries to restore to /ckpt_Nightly_HM-10027/USERS/John/Backupjohn/.  Any thoughts?
4 REPLIES 4

zippy
Level 6
why dont you use the Celerra's internal checkpoints to restore the data?  Why bother with veritas; if the check points are still vaild...

JD

EMCSANMAN
Level 2
Unfortunately, the checkpoint has been deleted.

zippy
Level 6
Do you have a valid Veritas dated image?

It sounds like you trying to restore an old chckpoint made by the Celerra system... correct??

if so try picking the original file from the original file system and restore it back to the filer in a place other that the checkpint file system or mount.

I dont bother backing up Celerra check pints via NDMP, I only do the valid production mounts.

JD

EMCSANMAN
Level 2
OK..this is too weird.. I just got a call stating that the restore is now working.  I think it is 5:00 somewhere so I think I will go celebrate...