cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Some Clarification on NDMP backup

bharatgangawane
Level 5

Hi All,

Many Many Thanks to All for this solution (https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ndmp-backup-failed )  but i need some more clarification about NDMP backup.

I have already Setup exsiting NDMP backup and those backup are working fine on regular basis with the following Backup selection path in same environment.

"/__VOLUME__/volume-name" and this Volume on diffrent San Storage (HITACHI SAN STORAGE)

At this time we have Netapp, As per my knowlede for Netapp filer we mentioned /vol/volume-name but as per Environment configuration i had try this option to configure backup policy and issue had come.

I just want to know what is the diffrence between Netapp Storage and Other San Storage for backup path selection and other NDMP backup option's

Lot's of Thanks

Bharat

2 REPLIES 2

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I'm a bit confused about how hitachi SAN storage is related with your NDMP host(NetApp FAS3240). Are you unsung hitachi as backend storage of filer in stead of NetApp's disk shelf. Can you provide more info like below? * version of DataONTAP * output of "bppllist policy_name -U" for both existing working policy and new policy. * output of "vol list" on FAS3240

wizard_s32
Level 4

Try reading netbackup for NDMP admin Guide, yes the way your are mentioning the path is right in the policy, you would have mentioned storage unit in the policy whcih refers to indirectly to the media server which you be using. The media server should have access to the NDMP host and user account to have access to NDMP filer for backup should be made.

You have to then add the NDMP host in the credential section in netbackup GUI and add the host >>Change>> Third option>> advance >> choose the media server which has access to NDMP filer >> user account to access NDMP with password. You should be good to go with NDMP policy type to back it up.