Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 7 AD Granular Restore Cannot Browse in BAR

Sean_C_
Level 3
Certified

Hello,

I recently configured an Active Directory Granular Restore policy and all prerquisites using the Admin Guide. I can successfully take a backup (Exit Status 0), but when I go to do a restore I cannot browse further than ntds in Active Directory. All the selction boxes other than System State are also greyed out.

So far I have tested backing up to a MSDP disk pool as well as to a Basic Disk storage unit. This made no difference. I ahve also checked the nbfsd logs on the client and it looks like NFs is being used as expected.

The client is a Windows 2008 R2 server with a NetBackup 7.2 client installed; the media/master server is a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 with NetBackup 7.1.0.2 installed.

Any suggestions appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

sean

i presume below was followed (as you said iu referred admin guide - the best of all)

NFS for client servies are installed on all AD (which you want to protect)

NFS for server services is installed but disabled and port map services are in running state (need to start these after upon every system restart)

master /media and client version are same(however back level are supported till 7.x)

netbackup client services are running under domain admin account

and enable GRT is checked along with directives

If you've missed anything above try to do it again and let us know the status.

watsons
Level 6

This is probably similar to this known issue: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH135253

Sorry but our client is NB7.2?? NB7.1.0.2?

Try to look for the error as shown in technote and you can find it, open a case with support to check with them whether this issue affects your version.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

hi,

Always the master server version must be the highiest one in your environment, none of the media servers can exceed the master or media server and none of the clients can exceed the master or any media server, otherway you will expirience all kind of issues, that is probably your issue in this case, lower the version of your client NBU or upgrade the master and media.

Regards.