Did you mean: 

NetBackup 8.1 cannot add master server in VMware plugin

X2
   VIP   

My config:

Master RHEL 6/x64/NetBackup 8.1

Media RHEL 6/x64/NetBackup 8.1 and Windows 2016/x64/NetBackup 8.1

VMware: ESXi 5.5

I have installed the latest version of NetBackup plugin for VMware (thick client) v 8.0. After that, to to authorize the plugin to restore VMs, I was trying to add the master server and I'm getting the following error:

Failed to communicate with server using supplied auth token. Error: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to masterFQDN:8553 [masterFQDN/masterIP] failed: connect timed out. Please verify that NetBackup Master Server name, port and auth token are valid.

So, I have checked the master server name, port and the validity of the auth token (using manageClientCerts -list). I even tried recreating the token and attempting again, and still the same error. I have also tried the /nbwebservice/application.wadl URL, and it gives error 401 - hence it is working.

The same procedure was followed in the dev environment and it worked without a hitch.

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Did you check some of these technotes? Are you using master fqdn or shortname to configure?

Failure adding the master server to the vCenter plugin; com.Veritas.nbu.netbackup4j.model.NBExceptio...

How to resolve communication problems due to certificate errors after upgrading to 8.1 from a previo...

NetBackup vSphere plugin may fail to add authentication token with "Connection refused"

Other think, I was checking Support for NetBackup 7.7.x and 8.x in virtual environments guide and Plugin support for Vsphere 5.5 Update 3b, is your case? Please check the image attached.