cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup VxSS

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

1.) i have configured wrong "Host properties" in a test enviroment and now i am unable to edit the master server in the host properties. how could i reset it to the default location

2.) i need the step by step installation and configuration of VxSS (netbackup version 6.5)

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zahid_Haseeb

problem is resolved.

REGEDIT:-    HKLM Software Veritas netbackup current-version config    thn double click on USE_VXss and change the  default value from automatic to PROHIBITED

Now i have a problem which i am facing. when i open the NOM WEB console i cant find my domain name. even i am not finding any name. the option window by where we select the domain name is empty

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Zahid_Haseeb

problem is resolved.

REGEDIT:-    HKLM Software Veritas netbackup current-version config    thn double click on USE_VXss and change the  default value from automatic to PROHIBITED

Now i have a problem which i am facing. when i open the NOM WEB console i cant find my domain name. even i am not finding any name. the option window by where we select the domain name is empty

Tejas_Lagad
Level 3
Employee

For a step-by-step guide to enabling NetBackup Access Control (VxSS), please refer the

NetBackup 6.5 Security and Encryption Guide at http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290226.htm

For your NOM issue, please verify that the 'Symantec Product Authentication Service' is up and running.
Thanks,

Tejas

Zahid_Haseeb
my Product authentication service is UP and running perfectly