cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6.5.2A does not restore

MauriceZP
Level 2

Hello,

A few days ago, we've upgraded our Netbackup 6.0MP4 environment to 6.5.2A. Unfortunatly we are experiencing some problems since then.

We have tested a restore job with some tapes that were created with 6.0MP4. Those jobs ran perfectly. Then we've tested more recent tapes, created with 6.5.2A. This is where the problem begins;

According to the Administration Console, i would expect that the restore has completed succesfully because it doesn't show any errors. But when i take a look at the destination directory, it remains empty.

Anyone have an idea what this could be? Thanks in advance!

Message Edited by MauriceZP on 08-18-2008 02:55 AM
Message Edited by MauriceZP on 08-18-2008 02:55 AM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MauriceZP
Level 2

Hi NHSAI,

Thanks for your input. I've tried to restore a single file, but i get the same results as before.

Edit:

Ok, i've found the solution for our problem. I've tried a restore while using an other admin account on the Master Server, and did a successful restore.

Message Edited by MauriceZP on 08-18-2008 05:00 AM

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NHSAl
Level 3

Hi Maurice.

We have also had similar issues with restore jobs since upgrading to 6.5.2 (this is with flashbackup policies).  

As a test try selecting the individual files within the folder instead of the whole folder\s and see if this restores the files. This is not a fix but just to might help narrow down the cause.

When we selected entire folders for restore netbackup would skip certain files and produced an error (5).  This only started since the upgrade.  We currently have a call open with netbackup support and are still awaiting a fix.  This workaround seems to work for us but obviously can be time consuming on large restores.  

Just my two cents.

MauriceZP
Level 2

Hi NHSAI,

Thanks for your input. I've tried to restore a single file, but i get the same results as before.

Edit:

Ok, i've found the solution for our problem. I've tried a restore while using an other admin account on the Master Server, and did a successful restore.

Message Edited by MauriceZP on 08-18-2008 05:00 AM