cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Client

dawitayele
Level 4

While installing NetBackup Client on AIX it encountered an error, and I aborted the installation, but I see the client in Administration console "Host Management" but it is red, when I try to reinstall it keep saying:

EXIT STATUS 5940: Reissue token is mandatory, please provide a reissue token.

ERROR: The attempt to get the host certificate failed.

Would you like to try again using a different authorization token?
You have used 1 of 3 attempts. [y,n] (n)
Do you wish to proceed with installation even though NetBackup will not operate? [y,n] (n) n

Aborting the installation.

how can I delete the client from Administration console and install it again?

THX

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
No need to try deleting the entry from NetBackup console. If you would be using the same name for the client to perform the installation again, simply go to Host Management in Netbackup console and right click on the client which is currently red and select generate reissue token.

Use this token at the time of installation.

Remember that re-issue token is specific to hosts, and is not the same as creating a new token from Token management

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
No need to try deleting the entry from NetBackup console. If you would be using the same name for the client to perform the installation again, simply go to Host Management in Netbackup console and right click on the client which is currently red and select generate reissue token.

Use this token at the time of installation.

Remember that re-issue token is specific to hosts, and is not the same as creating a new token from Token management

Thank you @Amol_Nair It Worked For Me.