cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Disk Staging

sanjay_chahar
Level 3

Hi

I have Netbackup Enterprise 6.5.0 running with Solaris 8 and recently I have configured DISK storage Unit (DSU) first client data dump into Disk (DSU) and  after that data will move from DISK to the tape by below commands.

#bpimagelist -U -idonly -client DIXONS_99-8-g -policy Teradata_1_Months -pt NCR-Teradata -hoursago 12 |awk '{print $8}' > /tmp/Backup-id

#bpduplicate -dstunit Tape-Backup -Bidfile /tmp/Backup-id -dp NetBackup -cn 1 -L /tmp/dulicate.log &

My Problem here is that after moving data from DISK to tape I need to expire data from disk (DSU) because I have limited space on disk

Please let me know I have should I expire data only from DISK Storage Unit (DSU) after it sucessfully copied to tapes by bpduplicate.

Thanks & regards

Sanjay Kumar Chahar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Use bpexpdate -d 0 -backupid xxx_12345678 -copy 1 -force

Use the copy qualifier to expire the first image copy (copy number will never change). The "-force" qualifier is needed when scripting. Else the command expect a confirmation.

You may consider usin the Basic Disk Staging feature, it handle the entire duplication process for you automatic.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Use bpexpdate -d 0 -backupid xxx_12345678 -copy 1 -force

Use the copy qualifier to expire the first image copy (copy number will never change). The "-force" qualifier is needed when scripting. Else the command expect a confirmation.

You may consider usin the Basic Disk Staging feature, it handle the entire duplication process for you automatic.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Why not configure DSU as DSSU?  When you configure a Disk Staging Storage Unit,  NBU will cleanup duplicated jobs when space is needed for new bacups.

NBU 6.5 Admin Guide I for UNIX/Linux http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH52801

See p. 244 onwards under the topic Basic disk staging.
Extract:
When NetBackup detects a disk staging storage unit that is full, it pauses the backup. Then, NetBackup finds the oldest images on the storage unit that have been successfully copied onto the final destination. NetBackup expires the images on the disk staging storage unit to create space.

See page 247: Creating a basic disk staging storage unit

sanjay_chahar
Level 3

Hi Marianne

Thanks for you help.

If my image are copied from disk to tape by relocation schedules and is there any way we can avoid same  image wont copied from disk to tapes by next day relocation schedules or netbackup take care this itself.

That is the only reason I am using custome script.

Please reply me.

Thanks & regard

Sanjay

sanjay_chahar
Level 3

Hi Marianne

Thanks for you help.

If my image are copied from disk to tape by relocation schedules and is there any way we can avoid same  image wont copied again from disk to tapes by next day relocation schedules or netbackup take care this itself.

That is the only reason I am using custome script.

Please reply me.

Thanks & regard

Sanjay