cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Reporting

Madhukar_Gonu1
Level 4
Hi,

we have netbackup5.1 on solaris /windows severs..am looking for a reporting tool which can give me details of jobs info, scheduled, running, cancelled, errors , drive statistics, into a text file or xl file or pdf..

are there any better tools which can give complete info ..and better if they provide the reporting for multi products backupexec, arcserve, NEtbackup, legato..

thanks in advance..

Madhu
8 REPLIES 8

Stumpr2
Level 6
Try the free demo from Aptare

http://www.aptare.com/software/se.jsp

Madhukar_Gonu1
Level 4
Thank you very much Bob...very fast reply..

will try the demo and see...

rusl1429
Not applicable
Also try bocada backupreport

Rusli

Stumpr2
Level 6
Did you like the Aptare demo?
Please post findings.
Thank you.

Madhukar_Gonu1
Level 4
I verified(attend demo) Aptare and Bocada...Aptare is limited to one product like netbackup only..but it provides good reportins in all formats..they were working to get support with multi- backup products..
on the other hand, Bocado is ahead compared to aptare which supports multi-vendor products, where you can manage all the backup products(backupexec, netbackup, networker, arcserve etc) and provides cutomized reportings...
At this point I prefer Bocada.

Thanks again for all of your replies

AKopel
Level 6
Obviously, it is a long time to wait, but Veritas just announced Netbackup 6 and it is going to have some good reporting built in (no extra licence) with Netbackup Operations Manager. I think they said it isn't out until August, but it looks pretty nice.

Madhukar_Gonu1
Level 4
right Aaron, I too noticed/read reporting feature in NB6.0..lets see how it comes/helps out....

scott_nishimura
Level 3
I saw the Operations Manager at this year's Vision and it looked pretty good. We'll see if it is as flexible as people need it to be.

SysDM has a product called WysDM that is a superb reporting tool. But it aint cheap.