cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup not running backups, restores or catalogue backups.

Mark_Casemore
Level 4
I have an issue with my netbackup set up, when you run a manual backup, nothing appears in the console to say it's running, this also happens when you run a catalogue backup.  It seemed to be working fine yesterday, some backups failed overnight with a (196 error, backup window closed), but that was it.  Nothing has changed so nothing to suspect there.  I have two media servers both having a disk based storage unit, with one media server having a LTO3 robot as it's final destination.  Kicking off a manual relocation gives no results similiar to the backups.  Any one had this or similiar and managed to work around it???

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Tried bumping NB?

quebek
   VIP    Certified
As Andy mentioned please check all processes if thay are up - especially for nbpem - Netbackup Policy Execution Manager.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add to quebek's point. A colleague of mine issued the nbpemreq -suspend_scheduling command. When checking processes we saw nothing wrong.
nbpem was listed. Wasn't until we realised that nbpem process is active even though scheduled backups are not running currently.

Issue nbpemreq -Q for all extended control commands for Policy Execution Manager

Stumpr2
Level 6
I wonder if engineering picked "Q"  from the Q division of research and development of British secret service in the James Bond movies??

Abesama
Level 6
Partner
As we see in those movies, some of the Q's inventions are quite dangerous and unstable (well, perhaps because Bond touches them before Q tells him not to, as they're still in development)

Just like that, many of the what -Q reveals are quite ... undesirable for the NBU admins to use, I see - it may result in an unexpected outcomes if not used properly with care.

I think volmgr commands do have extensive -Q options, while the nbu's admincmds don't?

A

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
On NB 6.0GA to MP4, nbpem rarely hangs.
Fire "nbpemreq -tables screen" and it hangs, nbpem is now hang state.
kill nbpemreq and nbpem, then restart nbpem.