Did you mean: 

Not able to see images for executing Phase-II import

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Environment

OS = Windows2008 SPII

Netbackup = 7.1

Query

One of my client copied its image files(which was a Disk based backup) to a DVD couple of years ago now he wants to import it but failed in Phase-II. See the phase I and Phase II snaps.

Phase-I import Activity Monitor Status

Phase-I import Detail Status

When I search the backup to import the Catalog for phase-II I am facing the below error

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Okay, could you provide the progress log of pahse 1 import, 

if you dont have the log , you can run the phase 1 again and get the logs by below command..

bpimport -create_db_info -id <disk_path> -L <logfilename>

pleaes attach the log once done. and also detail status of the Import job from the activity moniter.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

RamNagalla

hi,

i just want to make sure that you started the Phase 2 as below.., mainly 5th point..

Once the "phase 1 import" completes, run the "phase 2 import".
1. Start the NetBackup Administration Console and go to the Catalog section.
2. Under Pathname:, enter the disk path used for the phase 2 import. 
3. Select a date range for the images to import and click the Search button.
4. Select Backup IDs to import from the search results.
5. From the menu select Actions Import to begin the phase 2 import.
6. Check the Activity Monitor for progress of the phase 2 import.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH43834

<<Edit>>

if you are sure about the above steps, please provide the progress log for phase 1 of Import..

Zahid_Haseeb

3. Select a date range for the images to import and click the Search button.

As I clicked the search button as per the point # 3, I faced the error mentionedin my third snap above.

RamNagalla

Okay, could you provide the progress log of pahse 1 import, 

if you dont have the log , you can run the phase 1 again and get the logs by below command..

pleaes attach the log once done. and also detail status of the Import job from the activity moniter.

Will_Restore
Level 6

" couple of years ago "

Your date range is only for this year!  You must specify the original backup date.

Will_Restore
Level 6

" copied its image files(which was a Disk based backup) to a DVD "

Copy the DVD image to Disk Storage Unit and then perform the import. 

Remember to specify correct date range per my post above.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Firstly - your screenshot is too small - glad someone else was able to see anything.

Secondly - totally agree with Bill - copy dvd images to physical disk with read/write permissions.

Zahid_Haseeb

(Images are already copied to Disks)

Import phase 1 started 12/27/2012 11:04:27 AM
11:04:28 INF - Create DB information for path h:\31122009.
11:04:28 INF - Initiation of bpdm process to phase 1 import path h:\31122009 was successful.

11:04:28 INF - Found existing image information for client CLIENT_NAME, policy POLICY_NAME_Full, and schedule Default-Application-Backup, done on 01/01/2010 00:43:44.
11:04:28 WRN - Cannot import client CLIENT_NAME, policy POLICY_NAME_Full, and schedule Default-Application-Backup, copy 2 fragment 1 already exists. Skipping this fragment.

11:04:28 INF - Found existing image information for client CLIENT_NAME, policy POLICY_NAME_Full, and schedule Default-Application-Backup, done on 01/01/2010 00:46:56.
11:04:28 WRN - Cannot import client CLIENT_NAME, policy POLICY_NAME_Full, and schedule Default-Application-Backup, copy 2 fragment 1 already exists. Skipping this fragment.

11:04:28 INF - Found existing image information for client CLIENT_NAME, policy POLICY_NAME_Full, and schedule Default-Application-Backup, done on 01/01/2010 00:50:04.

11:04:28 INF - Found existing image information for client CLIENT_NAME, policy POLICY_NAME_Full, and schedule Default-Application-Backup, done on 01/01/2010 00:53:47.

11:04:28 INF - Found existing image information for client CLIENT_NAME, policy POLICY_NAME_Full, and schedule Default-Application-Backup, done on 01/01/2010 01:44:16.

11:04:28 INF - Creation of database information for import of path h:\31122009 complete.

=================================================================

After running the above bpimport command via command line, I am able to see the information under Catalog after pushing the Search button. Now I can Right Click on those information and can click on Import (which will initiate Phase-II). As per above I mentioned I feel that the Import procedure via GUI was not showing the information under Catalog for Import (Which will start Phase-II). This may be the issue of GUI is nt it ?

=================================================================

Phase-II job ran successful (Showing under Activity Monitor). As the restore successful I will mark Solution and Thumb too for all on precious support ;)

Zahid_Haseeb

Data restored successfully. Thanks too all :)

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I feel Bill's post was most appropriate: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/not-able-see-images-executing-phase-ii-import#comment...

You can see from your progress log that backup date was 01/01/2010, but your phase II search criteria was for this year.

Zahid_Haseeb

Marianne thanks for high lighting the specific area.  But I also backed the date and did search too from 2009 to 2012 but did not worked for me. The thing which worked for me I mentioned.

Will_Restore
Level 6

I'm confused.  You left it at 2012 and it worked?  Or you changed it to 2009 and it worked?

Zahid_Haseeb

Dont be confused Will. The picture I uploaded shows what you said. But as I said that I also tried with 2009(although I did not uploaded that picture) at my place but the problem was not resolved.