cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open File Option Oddities

Jason_Brooks
Level 4
When we purchased and installed NBU 5.1, included was the Open File Option license. If I view Help->License Keys in the NBU Admin Console, I see it as installed (Open File Backup). I was trying to debug a problem earlier this week and turned on the logging for bpbkar. I looked in the log files today, and I see the following:

4:46:16.040 PM: <2> tar_base::V_vTarMsgW: INF - Open File Backup license is not installed on the server. Open File Backup usage will be disabled.

But, I can see it as installed. Has anyone seen such an oddity before? Which place is correct, the log or the License viewer? Merit a tech support call?

Thanks for any input.

Jason Brooks
7 REPLIES 7

zippy
Level 6
Jason,

Only 3.x an lower runs all products without a key installed, do you have a Open File Option license? If you do then install it on the master and youll be good to go.

License viewer...

J

Jason_Brooks
Level 4
What I have installed is Open File Backup. I've always thought that to be the same thing as an Open File Option. Yes??

License Viewer = Help-> License Keys

Thanks,
Jason

Stumpr2
Level 6
I don't trust the GUI's
Check the licenses via the command line ON the MASTER server:

for UNIX
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpminlicense -help

for Windows
C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bpminlicense.exe -help

Jason_Brooks
Level 4
Bob,
Thanks for the tip. It seems that the cmd line is happy with the license as well. The issuance of a simple bpminlicense shows the license key as installed. A bpminlicense -find_keys with the key returns what appears to be a positive response - like that of the bpminlicense without any modifiers. So, I'll keep an eye on logs unless someone has any other ideas.

Jason

Stumpr2
Level 6
On the GUI
NetBackup management ->
Host Properties ->
Master Servers ->
..Properties ->
..Client Attributes ->

Jason_Brooks
Level 4
> On the GUI
> NetBackup management ->
> Host Properties ->
> Master Servers ->
> ..Properties ->
> ..Client Attributes ->

Stumpr2
Level 6
Your welcome..And thanks for the reward points.
I have enbled the watch feature for your name
so that I will get an email when you post to this forum :)