cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Point-in-time Restore not displaying

Robert_Lagazo
Level 3
Hi there,

We have 2 types of database servers, Oracle and MSSQL.
Both database backups seem to be working fine (default application and auto full backup). Problem is when when you launch Backup, Archive, and Restore -> Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy type, then choose SQLSERVER1 and make it current (Policy Type: MS-SQL-Server), and then click Select for Restore, you can actually see the Point in Time backup/restore of when you want to restore from in the NetBackup History pane (upper pane). But on ORASERVER1, the Point in Time backup/restore is not showing up. So for example, we want to restore the Oracle database on ORASERVER1 from 2 days ago, where are we supposed to select it in NetBackup History pane?

We need to know if we can actually restore our oracle servers when it breaks down.

Thanks in advanced.
3 REPLIES 3

zippy
Level 6
Im gonna take a quick stab at this one, without asking any ??.

IN the backup and restore window there is one dropdown box---->

Restore Type:
Drop Down Box sezz (Normal Backups) by default.

Set this one to the correct choice.

Now click the box that looks like a "hand"

Pick your master server that has for the first tab.
second tabe pick the server that has the oracle database, now there is another drop downbox tab at the bottom called ---->>

Policy Type:
Choose "Oracle"

the third tab choose the target server host name.

note:
If your using SQL Backtrack you wont be able to see the list of backups from the Java Gui, youll need to log into the target host and run obacktrack datatools to see teh images.

J

Robert_Lagazo
Level 3
Hi James,

I followed your instructions but it still won't show up.

patrickkuah
Level 6
I think i would be more easier if you perform the restoration from the Netbackup client via Oracle RMAN.
You can search more info on this in this forum.

patrickkuau