cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with deregistering boot server

Tauhid
Level 4

I want to deregister the boot server of AIX 5.3.11.1 with netbackup 7.0. My master server in Windows 2008.

While I issuing the command "./bmrsetupboot -deregister"  on AIX boot server it shows the following error

[Error] V-127-72 A boot server that is currently hosting Shared Resource Trees cannot be deleted.
Please delete all the Shared Resource Trees hosted by the boot server, and retry the operation.

Could ant one give me the solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

katlamudi
Level 4
Employee

If you dont want to preserve the SRTs, then

1. On bootserver, delete the SRT's on bootserver using bmrsrtadm then try "bmrsetupboot -deregister"

OR

2. From masterserver fire bmrs as follows. This command deletes the SRTs and then deregisters that bootserver.

bmrs -operation delete -resource bootserver -name <bootserverName> -force

If you want to preserve the SRTs, for future use, before deregistering, create copy of the each required SRT on boot server in TAR file as follows:

Create the tar out of the SRT folder with "tar -cvfd <tarfilename> <SRTFolder>" command.

In future, you can extract the tar file and then import that SRT using bmrsrtadm.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

As noticed, you need to delete SRT that is hosted on this boot server. Run bmrsrtadm and follow its instructions.

katlamudi
Level 4
Employee

If you dont want to preserve the SRTs, then

1. On bootserver, delete the SRT's on bootserver using bmrsrtadm then try "bmrsetupboot -deregister"

OR

2. From masterserver fire bmrs as follows. This command deletes the SRTs and then deregisters that bootserver.

bmrs -operation delete -resource bootserver -name <bootserverName> -force

If you want to preserve the SRTs, for future use, before deregistering, create copy of the each required SRT on boot server in TAR file as follows:

Create the tar out of the SRT folder with "tar -cvfd <tarfilename> <SRTFolder>" command.

In future, you can extract the tar file and then import that SRT using bmrsrtadm.

Tauhid
Level 4

Dear katlamudi,

Many Many Thanks.