cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REQ: How to get listing of all Unix-based clients

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified
Does anybody know of a command or script that will give me a list of all my unix-based clients in my netbackup enviornment?

thanks,

nk
5 REPLIES 5

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6
bpplclients commad under bin/admincmd gives you listing of all the clients configured in your environment. You can run this command with grep and/or awk to capture whatever you want. e.g.

bpplclients |grep Solaris

it will give you list of Solaris clients configured on your NBU server.

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified
Thanks!  

Stumpr2
Level 6
I'm curious as to the need for your request. You may want to check out the check_coverage script in the goodies directory. It has tags for hardware OS so that you can get a breakdown of all of your platforms. I used it to get a client report for management.

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified
Bob,

..Without getting into to much detail I needed the list of unix-based clients so I cal pull down there exclude lists with bpgp and verify/validate what is suppose to be in them. 

...In order to prevent something (folders/files) from "accidentally" not being backed up we are mostly using cross all mount points and then having each system admin update their exclude lists with things they don't need in addition to a "standard" exclude list.

Stumpr2
Level 6
You may want to add bpdir to your R'epertoire...
Use it to locate any
exclude_list.$POLICY.$SCHEDULE
files that may have een created...