cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore log file

hanskniep
Level 4

Management wants to know what exactly is being restored for each priority restore.  For instance, we restored a directory and want to find out all the files/folders under this directory that were restored.  Just want to ensure I have the correct way to get this info from the logs for future restores.

Is this info from the master logs or client?  I know on the master I have read on other posts to grab it from the bpbkar log directory (verbose L5).  Or on the client, create these 3 logs: bpinetd, bpcd, and tar, but this seems to capture connection logs.

Steps before restore:

Ensure the bpbkar directory is created

Turn logging up to L5

Begin restore

Turn logging down after restore completes

Let me know if I have something wrong.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Location(s) of restore log files:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/directory-log-files-restore-job-netbackup

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Location(s) of restore log files:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/directory-log-files-restore-job-netbackup

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Verbose L5 of client tar log will capture files/folders being restored. bpbkar log is for backups. Another log that may give required info is user_ops logs on the server/console where restore is initiated from.

hanskniep
Level 4

Great!  So, if the restore is initiated on the master server, the "user_ops" logs on the master would have the info?  Does this also require L5 verbosity?  If so, it sounds like creating the "tar" log on the client before the restore is a little safer and more direct.

Steps before restore:

Ensure the tar directory is created on the restore destination client

Turn logging up to L5 on destination client

Begin restore, restore completes

Examine log and turn logging down