cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLP window

lovee
Level 5

Hello,

I have a client having 9TB of data and I have to do initial seeding on target side using AIR. Currently replication is running from last 4 days and now site saying they are experiencing internet slowness and they want to run replication only non-business hours. Now i am planning to set the window to replicate only in non-business hours. To implement this i have to cancel the running replication and then when it will start it starts on the defined time set in window. Now my question is : it already replicate date at destination side and when i canceled it and it will start again it will only replicate the amount of data which is left, right?

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi @lovee,

If Im not mistaken and If I understood right, would be is this your doubt?

SLP.PNG

Regards,

Thiago

Thanks for the reply.

My concern is i have to cancel the currently running replication as site experiencing internet slowness and when it(replication) will starts automatically whatever window i will define it will replicate only the remaining data to destination side and not start replicating all the data again?

thanks

If you cancel the currently running SLP, the data that was replicated will be erased when the next image cleanup occurs. It will not keep what was replicated already because it isn't a complete image. So, once you create the SLP window and start a new replication job it will be doing the initial seeding all over.

Thanks for the reply. And if replication job got failed by its own due to some issue and in next attempt it will start replocation from scratch, doing initial seeding, right?

True but,  I belive you will find an SLP job copies many images and only the image that is mid-copy when you cancel would be restarted.    I cancel SLP jobs all the time, and do not see the entire job start over.

Now if you have one single huge image to copy this could be a problem.  But this is not typical.

That said, you might want to check with support given you are 4 days in.